Dear UC Davis Student,
Be a #UCDavisUpstander by putting an end to sexual violence! Here are some things that you can do:
* Pledge to never commit or condone acts of sexual harassment or violence.
* Challenge victim-blaming statements-the only person responsible for sexual harassment or violence is the person perpetrating it.
* Support survivors of sexual harassment and violence. If someone discloses they have been harassed or assaulted, actively listen to them without judgment and refer them to confidential resources.
* Take action by directly intervening or getting help if you see someone about to engage in sexual activity with another person who cannot give consent.
* Educate yourself on how to create and engage in healthy, respectful relationships.
* Share this information with your friends.
* Familiarize yourself with campus resources, including confidential reporting options.
* File a report if you experience sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence and stalking.
Adela de la Torre
Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs and Campus Diversity
University of California, Davis