Resources for Thinking and Acting
Mental Well-Being and Self-Care
- Academic and Staff Assistance Program (ASAP)
- African-American Mental Health Providers
- Behavioral Health Benefits from University of California
- Each Mind Matters
- FamilyCare, CommunityCare and SelfCare Tool Kit: Healing in the Face of Cultural Trauma, Association of Black Psychologists
- Self-Care for People of Color after Psychological Trauma
- Self-Care Tips for Black People Who Are Struggling with this Very Painful Week
- Surviving & Resisting Hate: A Toolkit for People of Color
- Center for Educational Effectiveness, Just-in-Time Teaching, "Anti-racism Series Resource Book"
- Center for Educational Effectiveness, "Graduate Student Workshop - Building an Anti-Racist Classroom Environment" [video]
- UC Davis STEM Faculty Resource Guide - For Faculty Starting to Learn about Equity, Inclusion, Justice and Anti Racism
- Cross Cultural Center
- Center for African Diaspora Student Success
- Center for Chicanx and Latinx Academic Student Success
- Native American Academic Student Success Center
- Middle Eastern, North African and South Asian Student Resources
- Student Health and Counseling Services
Local Organizations Offering Support and Healing Circles
- Black Child Legacy Campaign
- Black Lives Matter Sacramento
- Coming to the Table
- Compassionate Sacramento
- Hollaback - Anti-harassment Training
- NAACP Sacramento
- Roberts Family Development Center
- Sacramento Black Community Healing Circles
- Showing up for Racial Justice, California chapters
Resources for Preventing and Addressing Police Abuse
- ACLU Fighting Police Abuse Community Action Manual
- Anti Police-Terror Project
- National Police Accountability Project
- Sacramento Community Police Review Commission
- UC Davis Library, Resources for Understanding: Books on the Social Movement to End Police Violence Against African Americans
- UC Davis Police Accountability Board
- Vera Institute of Justice, Police Accountability
- Ahmad, Aisha S. "A Survival Guide for Black, Indigenous, and Other Women of Color in Academe," Chronicle of Higher Education, July 6, 2020.
- Banks, Taunya Lovell. "After Minneapolis," University of Maryland Carey School of Law, June 1, 2020.
- DiAngelo, Robin. DiAngelo reads from her book, White Fragility: Why It's So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism, YouTube, July 3, 2018.
- Diep, Francie. "‘I Was Fed Up’: How #BlackInTheIvory Got Started, and What Its Founders Want to See Next," Chronicle of Higher Education, June 9, 2020.
- Onwuachi-Willig, Angela. "The Fire This Time," Boston University School of Law, June 1, 2020.
- UC Davis Center for Educational Effectiveness, Implicit Bias Series.
- UC Davis Graduate Studies, Julie Posselt’s Racism and Resistance in Graduate Education Reading List.
- UC Davis Library, Resources for Understanding: Books on the Social Movement to End Police Violence Against African Americans.
- University of Michigan, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: “I Am So Tired,” May 29, 2020.
- Watson, Vajra. "Open Question: What is a world without whiteness?" Medium.com, June 1, 2020.
- American Psychological Association, “We Are Living in a Racism Pandemic,” May 29, 2020.
- Adames, Hector Y. and Chavez-Dueñas, Nayeli Y. Surviving & Resisting Hate: A Toolkit For People of Color.
- InCultureParent, "Resources for White Parents to Learn about Racism," "12 Children’s Books about Racism and Injustice," and "How to Talk to Kids About Race: Ages 3 to 8."
- Sunshine Behavioral Health, Mental Health Issues Facing the Black Community.
- Teaching Tolerance, Affirming Black Lives Without Inducing Trauma, May 8, 2020.
Activists and Journalists
- Cadet, Danielle. “Your Black Colleagues May Look Like They’re Okay — Chances Are They’re Not,” Refinery29, May 28, 2020.
- Goldberg, Emma. "Earth Science Has a Whiteness Problem," New York Times, December 23, 2019.
- Resources for Engaging in Anti-Racism Work.
- Roberts, Jasmine. "White Academia: Do Better. Higher education has a problem. It’s called White supremacy," Medium.com, June 8, 2020.
- Studio Sacramento, "Race and Injustice in America," KVIE/PBS, June 5, 2020.
- Tippett, Krista. "Claudia Rankine — How Can I Say This So We Can Stay in This Car Together?" On Being with Krista Tippett
Please also visit our Data and Accountability webpage for more reports and data.
- UCOP, Annual Accountability Sub-Report on Diversity, July 2020. This July 2020 report provides an overview of staff diversity trends and outcomes. Results from the 2019 Staff Engagement survey have also been included to better understand staff experiences of the workplace climate across diverse staff populations.
- UCOP, Campus Security Task Force Report, 2008.
- UCOP, Presidential Task Force on Universitywide Policing, 2019.