Diversity & Inclusion Executive Leadership Team
The Diversity and Inclusion Executive Leadership (DI-ELT) team is a meeting of senior leaders whose units have, as a core part of their role, the responsibility of promoting equity, diversity and inclusion at UC Davis. The group includes senior-level leaders from the offices of Academic Affairs, Campus Counsel, Compliance and Policy, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Global Affairs, Graduate Studies, Human Resources, Student Affairs, Undergraduate Education and UCD Health.
The foundational purpose behind establishing this group was to ensure the coordination of diversity, equity and inclusion activities across the UC Davis and UCD Health campuses and to have a unified advisory body made up of key leaders who oversee academic, staff, and student diversity, equity, inclusion and climate issues.
Accordingly, the Diversity and Inclusion Executive Leadership Team is charged with:
- Providing guidance to senior leadership on issues related to equity and inclusion by serving as resources on key environmental (especially legal, political, and economic) issues that affect our campus with respect to diversity inclusion, equity, and social justice; connecting with the community to understand climate issues; and identifying internal and external opportunities and threats to making measurable progress.
- Advising the Chancellor on addressing issues and Interventions by drafting/vetting statements issues related to campus incidents or freedom of expression; escalating topics and issues of importance; recommending programs, projects, and initiatives in need of senior leadership support or endorsement.
- Working with the Provost to create and provide incentives to deans and department chairs for meeting diversity and equity goals; and collaborating with the Chancellor and Provost on equity and inclusion training opportunities for senior leaders, including vice chancellors, deans, chairs, and others.
- Working with the Chancellor and Provost to develop strategic approaches for units to own and embrace diversity and inclusion strategic planning and affirmative action goals; encouraging divisions, colleges, schools, and departments to create diversity and inclusion action plans and to perform regular review of policies and procedures; and consulting on how to embed diversity and inclusion into the daily work of the university and in the community, possibly via existing budget and programmatic review processes.
- Ensuring that the goals and timelines of the DI Strategic Vision implementation planning process are being met and are staying on target by making decisions related to prioritization, change management, and reporting, transparency, access to data, and resource acquisition and allocation; serving as sponsors and key messengers for communications related to the implementation process; and determining when, how, and why the Chancellor, Provost, and CODVC will be briefed on efforts.
- Serving as liaisons to the Diversity Analytics Team; consulting on efforts around the Campus Climate Study; and reviewing and report on diversity in key leadership positions at UC Davis.
- Consulting on sustainability for successful programs and initiatives; being champions for a long-range commitment of resources–time, personnel, and funds—to be invested in equity, diversity, and inclusion goals and objectives; and helping identifying funding opportunities and strategizing/coordinating efforts around major development opportunities for the campus (e.g. legislative funds for diversifying faculty).
- Removing barriers and influence decision makers and address issues of concern and debate; serving as channels for conveying information and issues related to diversity and inclusion; and helping to increase the visibility of the Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Vision and its implementation activities.
- Establishing professional standards and expectations for equity; sharing and sustaining campus values around diversity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Reinforcing diversity and inclusion success, by providing incentives, awards, and resources to successful projects.
Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Life, Campus Community and Retention Services
Dean, School of Medicine
Senior Advisor to the Provost STEM Strategies, Office of the Chancellor and Provost
Dean, Continuing and Professional Education
Dean, School of Nursing
Analyst, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Chief Compliance Officer, Office of the Chancellor and Provost
Vice Provost and Dean, Graduate Studies
Dean, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Assistant Vice Provost, Undergraduate Education
Director, Campus and Community Relations, Office of Campus Community Relations
Dean, School of Law
Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Kreuzer-Moore, Michelle A.
Executive Director, Enrollment Management, Continuing and Professional Education
Faculty Advisor to the Provost on Closing Student Achievement Gaps; Professor, Psychology and Center for Mind and Brain
Lairmore, Michael D.
Dean, School of Veterinary Medicine
Dean, School of Education
Chief Human Resources Officer
Vice Provost, Information and Educational Technology
Vice Provost and Dean of Global Affairs
Interim Lead, Government and Community Relations
Assistant Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Chair, Academic Federation
Associate Vice Chancellor, Health Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Tull, Renetta (Chair)
Vice Chancellor, Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Unnava, H. Rao
Dean, Graduate School of Management
Dean, College of Biological Sciences