Soaring to New Heights Diversity & Principles of Community Achievement Awards
Started nearly thirty years ago (1990), the annual Soaring to New Heights - Diversity & Principles of Community Achievement Awards recognizes campus employees who demonstrate diversity and Principles of Community efforts that exceed the expectations of their position.
Awards are intended to recognize staff members who, through their own personal efforts, have made significant contributions to affirmative action/equal employment opportunity or heightened awareness and sensitivity to diversity. Nominations received for contributions made by faculty, executives, student employees or community members will be considered for a Special Citation.
Deanna Falge Award
While the criteria for this award are consistent with the criteria for the Individual Award, it is expanded to recognize the ongoing (5 years or more) demonstration of one's exemplary contributions toward the furthering of UC Davis' affirmative action/equal opportunity or diversity objectives.
This award is intended to recognize the UC Davis unit or team whose members, through their own personal or group efforts, have made significant contributions to affirmative action/equal employment opportunity or heightened awareness and sensitivity to diversity.
The nomination period generally opens in January of each year.nAll nominations must address these same criteria. Each nomination must include specific examples of contributions such as:
- Advances awareness of affirmative action and/or diversity issues and concerns;
- Models behavior consistent with the Principles of Community;
- Advances a positive work environment that is inclusive and bias free;
- Contributes substantially to achievement of affirmative action goals;
- Participates productively in affirmative action and/or diversity programs; or
- Demonstrates commitment to affirmative action and diversity through public service and community involvement