2023 Hispanic Serving Institution Showcase
Hosted by UC Davis in collaboration with University of California Hispanic Serving Institution Initiative.
Thursday, March 23, 2023
8am - 5pm
UC Davis Conference & Welcome Center
A Day of HSI Immersion, Discovery and Community.
- Learn about the history and evolution of UC Davis as an emerging HSI and the ongoing efforts to serve our Chicanx/Latinx students
- Look deeper at UC Davis' successes and challenges
- Think collectively about what it means to be a “student serving” UC-HSI campus
View the Schedule of Events
In-person registration is now closed.
Register to attend online via Zoom
We recommend staying at the Hyatt Place, UC Davis, which sits within a very short walking distance to the showcase location.
To receive a 10% discount (available to all room types) and a free breakfast, use this the link and follow these steps:
- Ctrl+click on the link to take you to our website. Using the link is important because your discount is built into the URL.
- Click on the “Book Now” button, enter your arrival and departure dates, and click the “Book Now” button again. Here is where you will see room options for the UC Davis Discount.
- Select your room type and proceed with the booking.
Parking at the hotel is $17 per vehicle per night.
No cutoff dates and no contract required. Rooms are based on availability, so book now to secure your reservation!
The HSI Showcase will be held at the UC Davis Conference & Welcome Center, 550 Alumni Lane, Davis, CA 95616 - in the Gateway District, on the UC Davis campus.
The closest visitor parking lots to the UC Davis Conference & Welcome Center are the South Entry Parking Structure and the Visitor Parking Lots 1 and 2.
Parking On Campus:
Hourly = $1.50
Daily = $10.00
UC Davis visitor permits are available for purchase through the free ParkMobile app or from permit-dispensing machines. Permit-dispensing machines accept Visa and MasterCard only at the rates shown below. Permit-dispensing machines no longer accept cash. Permits must be displayed on the driver's side dashboard of the vehicle for Parking Enforcement Officers to view.
For questions about the HSI Showcase, please email HSI Director Lina Mendez: firstname.lastname@example.org