The 2018-19 Diversity and Inclusion Innovation Grants are now open for proposals!
Last year’s programs were a tremendous success and we look forward to another year of inspiration and innovation.
The Diversity and Inclusion (DI) Innovation Grants are intended to support the ideas of UC Davis students, faculty, and staff that promote and enhance diversity and inclusion at the University and supports the goals of our Strategic Vision. This year we are particularly interested in proposals that most directly connect with or impact students.
We welcome proposals for projects and programs that act upon, inform and teach about diversity and inclusion, cultural humility, social justice, equity, pipeline, multiculturalism, skills-based learning, Title IX, bystander intervention, sexual misconduct prevention, workplace inclusion, and other related topics.
Who is eligible?
All UC Davis students, staff, and faculty are eligible to receive a grant as individuals or as members of a group, team, office, or department. There is no limit on how many people from the same student organization or department can submit proposals, nor any restriction on how many individuals can be included in a single proposal. However, the primary contact or author of the proposal must partner with a department or have a recharge account to receive funds.
How many grants will be awarded and for what amounts?
Individual grant amounts can be up $5,000 each and the total number of grants awarded will depend on the amount requested by the final proposals selected.
- Applications must be received by 11:59pm on Friday, May 25, 2018.
- Funding is one-time only and must be used during the 2018-19 academic year.
- Awards will be disbursed starting in the fall 2018 quarter.
- Funds must be transferable to a department recharge account. If you are not part of a department of student organization, you will need to identify an on-campus sponsor through which funds can be disbursed. Note: Student agency accounts need to be renewed on June 30 of each year; awardees must ensure their account stays active through their project end date.
- Proposals must contain complete budget information outlining proposed project costs, timeline for expenditure and implementation, and all other sources of funding or sponsorship, if applicable for your project/program.
- Funding is not available for the purchase of alcohol. If alcohol is funded by another source as part of the proposed program, all aspects of the program must abide by the University’s Alcohol Policy as well as state and local laws.
- Proposals must include a primary and secondary contact. Please be sure that any individual listed as a point of contact will be reachable during the application and award processes.
PLEASE BE SURE YOU ARE LOGGED IN WITH YOUR UC DAVIS E-MAIL TO ACCESS THE ONLINE FORM.
Questions or inquiries about the proposal process can be submitted to email@example.com.
If you are having difficulty accessing or completing the online form, you may also complete and submit the PDF version of the application before the deadline to firstname.lastname@example.org.