Status of Women at Davis Administrative Advisory Committee (SWADAAC)
Empower women, empower UC Davis
The Status of Women Administrative Advisory Committee (SWADAAC) at Davis was formed in Spring 2008 as an outgrowth of the Creating Change Initiative coordinated by former UCOP Associate President Linda Williams and UCSF Center for Gender Equity Director Amy Levine. Their analysis of data gathered from visits to the ten campuses, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL), and the University of California Office of the President (UCOP), led to their recommendation that a Committee on the Status of Women be formed at each campus location. SWADAAC meets the second Thursday of each month at 1:30pm-3:00pm (except July, August, and September).
SWADAAC is charged with the following:
• Examining issues regarding the status of UC women staff, students, and faculty.
• Analyzing existing policies, procedures, and/or programs that affect those issues.
• Identifying model programs or activities and support campus wide implementation.
• Recommending to the Associate Executive Vice Chancellor necessary changes to improve the status of UC women.
• Focusing on career development, upward mobility opportunities and issues for women at UC Davis and the Health System.
• Dealing with issues related to the hiring, training, promotion and retention of all University women.
Co-chairs: Sophie Barbu & Melissa Bauman
Vice Co-chairs: Pernille Sporon Bøving & Danésha Nichols
Secretary: Cheryl Pater
• Marketing, Outreach, and Events
• Salary Equity
• UCD Health SWADAAC