Call for Nominations: Chancellor’s Achievement Awards for Diversity and Community, 2020
Nominations are being requested to help identify individuals deserving special recognition through a campus wide award program. The Chancellor's Achievement Awards for Diversity and Community were established to honor achievements that contribute in substantial ways to the development and well-being of our diverse and evolving community. UC Davis faculty, staff, and students, and local community members are eligible for an award in any of the following categories:
* Exemplary service that embodies the Principles of Community through outstanding leadership in areas of social and/or cultural understanding, local or regional community involvement, and/or collaborations leading to increased knowledge or expertise in areas of special interest to the campus;
* Outstanding efforts toward achieving and/or advancing a diverse and principled academic community, including exemplary service in the areas of student, staff, and faculty recruitment and development;
* Exemplary scholarship having a major impact on community and diversity;
* Exemplary contributions to the success of campus-based outreach efforts;
* Exemplary service to the campus and/or community through active leadership, involvement in pre-college partnership initiatives, etc.
Selection factors will include, but not be limited to relative impact of each nominee's contribution to diversity and community for the campus and/or community as a whole; relative merit of contribution to a critical area of diversity and/or community; length/duration of contribution; and potential of award to model exemplary service for others (for example, increasing the pool of diverse applicants among student, staff, and faculty ranks; increasing understanding of the role of diversity in education; service and commitment toward building campus-local community relationships; or introducing diversity and community-related curricula in subject areas where such material is not normally featured).
Seven awards are available, one to a member of each of the following constituencies: Academic Senate, Academic Federation, Staff, Graduate Students, Post-docs, Undergraduate Students, and members of the local community. The award recipients will receive a monetary prize and they will be honored at a special reception held in Winter Quarter at the Chancellor’s Residence. Please click here to submit a nomination application.
Please submit all nominations no later than Wednesday, December 18, 2019 by 11:59PM. For questions contact Avaeta Ahluwalia at email@example.com or call (530) 752-4292.
Associate Executive Vice Chancellor
Office of Campus Community Relations